Sunday, September 19, 2010

characters in the play that is my life

I realized that I have provided no background on any of the people that are currently my friends...here's a brief description of some of the more prevalent personalities.

Matt - Canadian who left for home and university a couple weeks into my trip. He told me a bunch of little hints and we wandered around wellington together. Also, was a roommate.

Zeke - Scottish roommate every time I came back to wellington till Sept, which ended up being way more than expected. The "yes" man of what would be three people. Just as stubborn as me.

Kiet - Malaysian roommate who told me the weather by singing U2's 'Beutiful Day' on nice days. Had broke his wrist twice so understood my frustration and helped me see the big picture.

Mikenna - American and my New Zealand counterpoint to Emily. Cook, drink, and explore together. Generally makes the better decisions.

JJ - Frenchman who was the third in Zeke and my drinking party. Always up for something. Great at organizing outings such as golf, tramps and general good times

Jill and Bas - Older couple who adopted me when I broke my arm. Jill is vivacious and a wonderful cook/faux-mom. Bas is a wily farm, quite sarcastic and reminds me of my grandfather...we got along great (but don't tell him that).

Sarah M - Englishwomen with a dry wit and helps me meet my judging quota

Katy - English, has a plan and if greatly organized. Loves the small things as much as me...was roommate first time in Wellington.

Jorge -German who is up for exploring and has great sense of humor...also makes great spatzle

Max - Surly german who has a dry sense of humor and who's soul will be crushed when i can finally play basketball again

Esther - Dutchee who loves to dance and is great fun.

Meg - Kiwi, manager of the backpackers I kept returning to in Wellington...spunky

Phil L - American from Iowa. Also a cyclist who helped me get back on my bike. Understands the awesomeness of hotdishes.

Phil W - Englishman who is "singy". Always brightens everyones day with is upbeat personality and constant singing.

Alessandro - Italian who taught everyone to make pizza....delightful and also my roommate...we had our own language in the mornings since neither of us were morning people

Padraig and Collin - Irish lads, not a couple but homosexual....faaaiirrly certain....Padraig is loud and hilarious and Collin is reserved and funny

1 comment:

  1. So my Australian name is Mikenna? I could be alright with that.

    ReplyDelete