Monday, June 13, 2011

Seattle and up to Whistler

June 8th to 12th- Seattle

Got a ride to Seattle with the couple that took me in last night. They happened to be heading up to Bellingham so could drop me off on the way.

It was suppose to rain the next three days and I really was not caring at the l
ast bit of the ride cause I heard it isn't that great (if you go inland) and I just wanted to se
e my brother and be able to relax for a bit.

It was great to be back in Seattle as it's one of my favorite cities and I have plenty of favorite places to stop at. Plus catching up with Nate was good. The first few days we really didn't get up to much but it was great that way and still had great food (such as the crab Nate cooked). We did end up going out to Bainbridge Island which was fun. Had an
amazing meal out there at the Public House.

Giant Burrito with tamales in the background

Nate on ferry to Bainbridge Island

Manhole made planter

Made a stop by the Saloon...actually took a couple of days before we went down there which was not the norm but fun to see people. Also, Anthony had a bbq which was fun to see all of the Saloon in a different venue.

June 13th - Whistler

Drove up to Whistler today. The drive was beautiful but there were scattered showers which coincided with all of the scenic lookouts.

It is nice to be ending my travels with an actual vacation. It is the first time I have stayed in a hotel for multiple days on the whole trip and feels quite luxurious.

Once I got in it was time for the 6th game of the Stanley cup finals which would've been better not to watch...kinda glad I wasn't feeling like going to the bar to watch cause it was sad. Excited for tomorrow and mountain biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment