Sunday, June 10, 2012

Winter Whack III

1 & 2 June 2012

So I've been pretty low key for the last 6+ weeks as my arm was healing in cast.  I really forget how mellow and down I get when I have an injury that results in me being off the bike.

But that has all changed now!  I am back to being Carissa and a big help in that was Winter Whack III, a bike polo tournament.  It happened that I got my cast off the day prior to the start of the festivities so I was pretty pumped.  Not that I could play but that I could do little things and not have that annoying thing on.

Went out on Friday to watch the knife fights which Andy ended up winning with a great shot through both bottom brackets.

Had a few hours sleep prior to heading back to the courts to listen to the pre-event briefing, that even had a perfectly timed earthquake to coincide with the safety portion.  I'd volunteered to help with the event as I couldn't play...as one of the players said I was "camp mom".  Not sure that camp mom's are suppose to drink beer (had a keg of Three Boys and Andy's home brew on the sidelines) though.

Then the day of polo started.  It was great to be around like minded bike people.  Made some new friends and got to know others a bit better.  Really was a great day and we lucked out with the weather being really nice.


Lopo Libre

Rob from Samurai Polo Cats

The view from the courts at dusk

Two days after this event Christchurch got a nice dumping of snow.  I'm glad I wasn't on the sidelines in a half foot of snow!  Much more pleasant to be warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment