Wednesday, October 19, 2011

That's right I said it

So today I am absolutely not in the mood to travel!  That's right I said it.  I totally don't want to deal with any of the traveling stuff today.  It was a beautiful day and I forced myself to walk around Zakopane when I got here, had a piece of cake, stopped at the grocery store and hightailed it back to my hostel to hide in my room!

Even when doing what most people think of as complete luxury sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.  Or do you?  I had to do a few things...like get food...but then I retreated to my room to read financial blogs!!  And truly right now I am exactly where I want to be...in a room by myself reading and not having to deal with anyone!  Sometimes it's hard to remember to do the things that make you happy instead of the things that you think you should be doing, even when you have no responsibilities.

So to help me stay 'productive' I've decided to write a blog post listing goals for the next month:

1) Update my CV/Resume - This has seen better days and truthfully I am a horrible interviewee....I'm stressed out just thinking about updating my resume as I know it means at some point in the future I will have an interview.

2) Outline my next financial goals - I'm good at saving money but I'm not as good at ensuring my investments are appropriate or updating them as necessary. Plus the last years have revolved around being able to travel so I need to have a new goal.

3) Find a hobby - I really need to find a hobby that I can stick with.  Due to my patience/attention span I move from hobby to hobby and don't stick with anything.

4) Think of ways to meet friends - Once I settle in NZ I may well become a hermit as I don't mind being by myself.  Having flatmates seems like a must. Joining clubs also seems important...hmm...yes yes things and stuff.

5) ??

No comments:

Post a Comment