Monday, October 10, 2011

Travelling I go

October 7th, 2011

Back to travelling today.
One would think that after a year of travelling I would have started to get in the swing of things...but this is not the case at all. Luckily I barely avoided a mental breakdown by realizing the day before my flight that I flew into one New York airport and out of the other...arriving at rush hour and would have less than 3 hours to get to the next one, check-in and go through security. I realized this with enough time to change my flight but left me stressed and wondering what else I would have forgotten.

With this change in iteniary I got the pleasure of flying through 4 airports prior to leaving the US.

One of the other highlights was trying to reduce my bike by 3 lbs and reaching through the handhole that had been ripped by the TSA...imagine me elbows deep in the box trying to grapple with undoing tape and wires. It reminded me of halloween where you have to put your hand in a box and there is gummy worms and other texturally creepy things. This made me laugh out loud and I acquired a few bruises to remind me of the incident.

I am still in denial that I'm leaving. It's much easier for me emotionally to pretend that I will be back shortly.

October 8th, 2011

Got into Frankfurt bought brotchen! Then took a train to Luebeck to meet up with my brother. Stayed up late catching up with him.

October 9th, 2011

Went around Luebeck to parks and hung out with some of my brothers friends. Also began planning for travelling through the rest of Europe.

In general I feel like I haven't stopped moving since I left the US.

October 10th, 2011

Met up with Christian for lunch with a homemade north Germany meal!! It was great to see him and his parents again.

After lunch we had planned on a bike ride around the lake but the weather was rainy. So we went in the car and did a loop of a wine store, up to cliffs, a lookout tower, to a fish sandwich shop, and finally cake shop. It was an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome start already! Hope travel went smoothly after your NYC mix-up.

    xo
    Em

    ReplyDelete