Monday, May 7, 2012

NZ round 2 - I'm beginning to sense it hates me

Getting into the country I felt like I was home.  The weather was nice with that crispness in the air that signals autumn.  I flew down to Christchurch the next day where I met up with some friends.  Then headed over to the west coast the following day to pick up my stuff from Adam and enjoy a couple days in one of my  favorite place in NZ.

The weather was absolutely stunning...as if I was being welcomed back.  After a couple of days on my own I realized that I had enough of alone time and headed back towards Christchurch prior to going to the Banks Peninsula for a daytrip.

On the way to Akaroa I was surprised to find the hills so big and steep.  This was the first time I was impressed by something I had cycled.

I mentioned to Geoff that I wanted to go to Queenstown for some mountain biking and he was keen so we planned to go the next weekend.

I started doing errands and re-familiarizing myself with the layout of the city since the city central was still cordoned off..

The weekend came quick and the weather was absolutely beautiful.

Got up had some breakfast and then got kitted out prior to heading up the gondola. Started to go down and was following Geoff went on a line I normally wouldn't have but it went good.  The bike was feeling like a pogo stick (finally understood that phrase) and I was going to exchange bikes when I got to the bottom of the run.  Of course as luck would have it that didn't occur as I fell off andas I tried to toss the bike landed on my arm with a familar sensation.  Geoff was way in front of me and an Aussie couple stopped to help.

The best part of this came after the hospital trip when Geoff said he really wished he would of got a picture of me and Fiona spooning on the side of the trail!  Once he said it I could only imagine how it looked to everyone going by as she tried to keep me warm....priceless really.

cast number 1 with not the bike i was on

cast number two and my green jacket

Anyway this is how my world works 10 days into the country I broke my other arm....well at least I broke my record of 21 days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment