Monday, May 7, 2012

Truthfully I'm tired the cycle tour of Asia made me emotionally exhausted in a way I didn't expect and the thought of being in one spot for awhile was causing me overwhelming happiness.  When I got to New Zealand I had an amazing wave on satisfaction sweep over me. Of course the path I was meant to go down was not the smooth highway but a minimum maintenance road.

So here I am in my flat wanting a job to fall in my lap. A portion of me would love to whine to someone about how I haven't found a job but my heart won't allow that.  I have not put in the effort necessary to find a job and as such I have not found one.  There are a myriad of reasons and excuses why this is so but the biggest one is that I don't feel like it.  I'm not in the mood to put on my smile and fake it yet...I'm still in the mode to sit in my living room and read books and research jobs.  Of course a part of me also is scared.  Once I start actually trying to find a job the rejection notices will have a sting I'm not sure my wounded pride can recover from...see I told you I had excuses.

Partly I feel like I broke this arm because I missed learning something vitally important last time.  I learned a lot so I will say I don't think it was REALLY necessary to have me break the other one, universe....couldn't I have just sprained some muscles?  No, no, that would mean I would lead a boring, pain free (or little) existence which is not my style.

Anyway I have decided that I will allow myself this week to make a plan to move forward and will start implementing it next week.  This is not only for the job hunt but also to make more friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment